Tubifast Socks (One Size Fits All 2-14 Yrs)
Tubifast socks for eczema are a great way to dry/wet wrap eczema of the ankles & feet.
Tubifast socks make wet wrapping eczema of the feet & ankles quick & easy. With no tapes, pins or ties, Tubifast socks are are a safer option for wet wrapping children. Tubifast Garments with 2-Way Stretch Technology are easy to apply and allow complete freedom of movement. Therefore making it easier to treat your child’s eczema during the day & night. Comfortable to wear under nightwear and ordinary clothes, they also help to promote fully active days and restful night’s.
Benefits of Tubifast socks for eczema:
- Flat seams help prevent irritation of sensitive skin.
- Convenient, quick and simple way to wrap, so aiding compliance.
- Eliminates the need for messy, time consuming bandaging, tapes & pins.
- Comfortable to wear for night & day wet wrapping.
- Tubifast socks for eczema allow freedom of movement.
- Can be worn under everyday socks as a wet or dry dressing.
- 2-Way Stretch Technology
- Perfect for wet & dry dressing eczema.
- Use with Tubifast Leggings for a full feet & leg eczema wet wrapping treatment.
How to Use Tubifast socks for eczema through wet wrapping:
Wet wrapping is a dermatologist recommended eczema treatment for atopic skin rashes including dermatitis. Wet wrapping usually involves the use of an emollient or topical steroid under retention bandaging. An emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in wet wrapping) is applied directly to the affected skin. The affected area is then covered with a damp layer of Tubifast socks for eczema. Working together, the emollient and the damp layer keep the skin cool, hydrated and moist and may help reduce inflammation. The damp Tubifast socks act as a retaining layer, ensuring that the emollient stays in contact with the skin. The damp layer assists to cool and soothe the skin reducing the itch. A second, dry layer is then applied, which can be a second pair of tubifast socks or the patient’s own socks. Wet wrapping may also prevent scratching and further aggravation to the skin.
Dry wrapping eczema is a similar process to wet wrapping. An emollient (such as Epaderm which is designed for use in dry wrapping) is applied to the affected skin. This is then covered with a single, dry layer of Tubifast socks for eczema.
Tubifast Garment Wash & Care Instructions:
- If heavy emollient creams are being used soak Tubifast Garments in Hot Water.
- Gentle Machine or hand Wash is recommended at 60deg
- To Protect Tubifast Garments in wash & dryer a Delicates bag is highly recommended
- Air Dry is recommended for Tubifast Garments
- Dyer on Low Heat
- Do Not Bleech
- Do Not dry Clean
For a step by step instructional video on how to apply tubifast garments for eczema WATCH HERE