First day at school with allergies – Thai’s Exciting First week At School
First day at school with allergies Allergy Book
A great book for educating families with food allergy what they can expect & should know about starting school.
Join Thai a child with food allergy on his adventures as he prepares for the start of school.
This is the third book in the series and is aimed at school-age children, why not check out our other titles including:
This book covers important events such as:
– An allergist appointment including a skin prick test
– Not sharing food and drinks at school
– Introduction of an Auto-Injector
– The importance of having an Anaphylaxis Action Plan
– Symptoms of an allergic reaction
– No one has to miss out due to their food allergy
Thai’s positive attitude shows other kids how food allergies don’t have to stop you from joining in. Thai is confident and educates his classmates on the importance of not sharing food and drinks and hand washing. With captivating illustrations and the quirky Rabbie by Thai’s side, the story normalises life with food allergies.
It’s fun and informative and creates discussion and an understanding of food allergies among children.
There are teaching points at the back of the book for parents and teachers, along with school resources and helpful links.